Our primary objectives are to improve safety at sea, protect the marine environment and to safeguard the rights of our customers.
The Faroese Maritime Authority sets out to be a recognized and well-organized maritime administration that offers quality services to the maritime industry, the local government and to all our customers.
Thus, within the next 5-year period, the Faroese Maritime Authority aims at:
- being amongst the 10 prime flag states in the Paris MoU White List of flags
- having more than 200 ships registered in FAS
- taking pride in a fishing and commercial fleet, which in terms of safety and healthy work environment is rated amongst the best in the world
- offering competitive services, encompassing a proportionate share of web-based solutions for self services
- attaining always a customer satisfaction rate above average
- being rated amongst the best employers in the Faroe Islands, where employees flourish in good work conditions by challenging work assignments.